Last updated on 5/22/20
Shelter-in-place orders extended indefinitely as per Vice Chancellor Administration CalMessage on 5/22/20.
Since the beginning of the year, and especially over the past several weeks and months, the campus has seen numerous emails and resources regarding guidance from public health authorities in an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and how that translates to us at Berkeley with social distancing, impacts to class delivery, workforce impacts, etc. Protecting the health and safety of members of the campus community remains the top priority and the campus is committed to preserving the academic mission.
Keeping track of these communications can sometimes be challenging. Here are some reminders about sources you can go to get these details:
The CalMessage archive repository contains a repository of campus emails.
- Also included in this archive are the 20 most recent CalMessages;
- 2020 emails from the Chancellor, Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost, Vice Chancellor-Administration (Campus-wide), and AVC-HR (Campus-wide) from People & Culture (formerly Central HR).
- The Vice Chancellor Administration website also features News articles for CalMessages from VCA Marc Fisher.
Main Campus resources for COVID-19 related information:
- Berkeley’s COVID-19 website and UC's Coronavirus website.
- COVID-19 related Leaves, Pay and Work Arrangement guidelines (and much much more) can be found on Berkeley's People & Culture COVID-19 Resources webpages
- Finance-related information and FAQs for the Coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts can be found on Berkeley's Office of the Chief Financial Officer's website.
- Berkeley’s University Health Services website contains many resources for faculty, staff and students during shelter-in-place.
- COVID-19 Related Leave Resources for Academic Appointees is listed on the Academic Personnel Office (APO) website.
Additional resources published on the BRS website as well as other various campus websites (and these sites continue to have updates so check back frequently):
(New features appear/added first)
- Extension of Shelter-in-Place orders announced on 5/22/20 by Vice Chancellor Administration.
- Special actions needed for employees working outside of California due to COVID-19 are detailed on Berkeley's Central Payroll website.
- Cal 1 Card Office announces temporary service restrictions on their website.
- BRS Central Services (Onboarding/Visa/Records) announced remote coverage and services provided during COVID-19.
- Sponsored Project Office (SPO) has posted FAQs on their website related to the administration of contracts and grants under COVID-19 conditions.
- FAQs on Contract and Grant Funding reposted from the VC Research COVID-19 site.
- Berkeley's Parking & Transportation website features news about their operations, parking permit (temporary) fee reductions, and more.
- The Telecommuting Resources webpage contains many of the nuts and bolts departments and staff might find helpful for those who may be working remotely.