Purchasing and Reimbursements

Berkeley Regional Services (BRS) provides support to the UC Berkeley campus withPurchasing (Procurement) services as well as assistance with Travel and Entertainment (T&E) and non-T&EReimbursements.

The Direct Enter process via the Online Travel & Reimbursement System was introduced by the Controller’s Office and must be used by staff, student employees, and faculty to directly enter all travel reimbursement requests and non-travel related expense reimbursements at: https://reimburse.berkeley.edu (versus filling out T&E forms and submitting in BearBUY).

Visitors, vendors, and students who are not employees should follow the instructions under reimbursements information.

Divisional Finance Leaders (DFLs) can offer additional support and guidance regarding using Direct Enter for reimbursements as well as the Controller's Office. The list of DFLs are listed here: https://cfo.berkeley.edu/divisional-finance-leaders#dfl. The Direct Enter process provides a much faster turnaround time and offers online visibility into the status of your reimbursement.

Just need some quick links? Use some of these common options below:

  • I need my domestic or international travel reimbursed: Use Direct Enter
  • I need more help with a complex Travel & Entertainment transaction and for non-employee student, vendor, and visitor reimbursements: Go to the Reimbursements section
  • I need my entertainment expense reimbursed: Use Direct Enter
  • I need more help with a Purchasing (Procurement) transaction: Go to the Purchasing section

Your BRS region can help!

If you don't know the specific region that supports your dept./unit, use the Region Finder.

Once you know which region, you can also use the following email contacts to ask for assistance: 


Direct Enter for all reimbursement types

Berkeley's Coronavirus site - Travel guidance

Controller's Office

Divisional Finance Leaders

Supply Chain Management


Bearbuy Training Courses

How to add new/revise existing suppliers with the Vendoring Team