The Direct Enter process via the Online Travel & Reimbursement System must be used by staff, student employees, and faculty to directly enter all travel reimbursement requests and non-travel related expense reimbursements at: https://reimburse.berkeley.edu) (versus filling out T&E forms in BearBUY). Using Direct Enter shortens processing time to payment from weeks to days, and puts more control of the process in the hands of employees requesting reimbursement.
Divisional Finance Leaders (DFLs) can offer additional support and guidance to campus departments for using Direct Enter for reimbursements as well as the Controller's Office. Please note that existing processes should be followed for any exceptional reimbursement approvals. Unsure of those processes? Check with your department/unit’s DFL.
7/26/21: Update regarding CSS form in BearBUY - Departments who previously submitted T&E reimbursement requests for non-employee students, vendors, or visitors on the CSS form in BearBUY, be advised that Supply Chain Management (SCM) has sunsetted this form as of 7/26/21.
- Departments/staff should refer to the Purchasing & Reimbursements page of their applicable BRS regional website for guidance on processing these types of reimbursements.
- This includes department admins without the travel preparer role in the reimbursement system and need to submit a travel reimbursement for non-employee students, vendors, or visitors or when the travel involves foreign currency transactions, multiple countries and/or complex expenses.
8/23/21: NEW Non-Catalog and Services Request Forms -The new Non-Catalog and Services Request forms are now available in BearBUY!
- Any old Non-Catalog and Services Request forms will be removed since they have been revised and renamed as the Non-Catalog Items Form and Services and Non-Tangible Items Form.
- Anyone having the (old) forms favorited, should update their favorites to use the new forms so that the old forms are no longer used thus getting auto-rejected by accident. The system will auto-reject any old non-catalog or service order forms starting 9/2/21.
- If there are questions or help needed, contact the applicable BRS Purchasing & Reimbursements Team.